Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer cold

Crap. I came down with a head cold on Saturday. I'm all stubbed up now, and can't breade. And, just in time for my vacation! Thank goodness for Advil Cold and Sinus! After all, I'm not going to let a little head cold get in the way of all my good fun this week.
Yesterday was a busy day. I went shopping to pick up A's birthday presents. Then visited a little cross stitch place nearby that I found online. It was a cute little store...probably has been there for eons. They had everything! And cheap too. Better prices on floss and fabric than Michael's! So, I'm sure I'll be back again.
Lots more running around (groceries, gas, bank, Starbuck's, etc.) I also got my hair cut. That, is a big deal for me. I don't like getting my hair cut. I remind myself of that little boy in the barber chair with big crocodile tears running down his face as he gets his hair cut. That's me. Compound it with the fact the my favourite hair dresser moved away about a year ago. So, I tried someone new yesterday. She was OK. But I don't like the way she layered my hair. So, I probably won't go back there. And, I'm thankful that my hair grows really fast. So, I will just grow it out for the next six months, and try someone else.
Today...I'm going to take it easy, and try and shake this head cold. Relax on vacation...what a concept. I usually plan way too much, and try to do everything in a week. I guess this cold was a way to remind me to slow down and relax. So, that's what I'm going to do.

No comments: