Friday, October 2, 2009

TV Obsessions

With the new fall season well under way, I thought I would do a recap of the shows I watched this week...

1) Monday - Hoarders. This is a reality show on A&E about people who hoard items. Their houses are usually unliveable as a result of their hoarding. It's not a pretty show. But I have a tendancy to accumulate stuff myself, and this show just reminds me that I need to purge my stuff once in awhile too. I don't want to end up like any of them on the show!

2) Monday - Heroes. I don't know why I watch this. It was great the first season, terrible the second, and...what season are we on now? I like the premise. But, the story lines are a little convaluted now. So, why do I watch it each week? Well, I guess I just watch hoping it will get better. That, and I like the banter between Hiro and Ando.

3) Tuesday - The Good Wife. The first two episodes were good. But, not great. I'm not sure I like it yet. It's turning out to be just another lawyer show. Also, it's on from 10:00 to 11:00. I can't stay up that late anymore. If it was Thursday night, maybe. But on Tuesday...no way. I'm not sure if next week I'll watch or not.

4) Wednesday - Dragon's Den. Canadian show. Excellent. Love it. About 5 very rich Canadians (the Dragons). People come on the show and pitch their latest money making idea. If the Dragon's are interested, they invest. Most of the time they pick the person, their business model, and their ideas apart. It's true. It's real. It's not scripted (not like other reality shows).(side note: 2 of the dragons created the "Shark Tank". A similar show made for the US market. But, the show is NOT the same. It is much more flashy, scripted, and unreal. Typical of the US networks....to take a great show idea, and jazz it up so much, that it becomes unwatchable.)

5) Wednesday - Ice Road Truckers. I'm addicted. I know the drama is all scripted. I know it's really not as "exciting" as they make it out to be. But, I like to watch anyways.

6) Thursday - The Office. One of my favourites, and one of the few shows that makes me laugh out loud. Although, I've been dissappointed in the story lines lately. Doesn't quite have the same punch it did a few seasons ago.

7) Thursday - Fast Forward. New show. I think I'm hooked. I'll have to wait and see. I think it might end up being just another Heroes...where it was really good for a season, and then loses all credibility. I think they can only play the storyline for so long before it ends up stupid. I guess it depends on where the writers go with this one.

Missed episodes: Modern Family. I watched the pilot of this show last week. I meant to watch again this week, but missed it. It is produced by Christopher Lloyd (who also wrote for Frasier). I'm sorry I missed it. The first episode was funny.

No comments: