Saturday, January 23, 2016

Chapters Strawberry Hill

Today, one of my favourite places to go closed down for good.
The Chapters store at Strawberry Hill did not renegotiate their lease, and closed down. I found out just after New Years. And I've gone each weekend to scour through the last of their books just to see if I can get anything for 50% off.

I went again today, just because it's the last day. And despite the bare shelves and limited stock, I actually found a book by an author that I've been meaning to pick up for some time. And I took a chance on a few more books too. All together, I bought 5 books this week.
But, the biggest thing is that I won't be able to go there anymore. When I was particularly stressed out, or feeling overwhelmed, I used to go to Starbuck's and pick up a tea or decaf coffee. Then I would wander around the shelves and look at all the books I want to read. It was my way to decompress. I can still do that at Chapters in North Vancouver closer to work, but I will really miss this place on the weekends.

No comments: