Friday, October 16, 2009

Foodie Fridays

Foody Friday. I've seen this post on a few blogs before. Friday, apparently, is the day to blog about food, and recipes. So, I had to share this...

That was my dinner a few weeks ago (before I got that nasty flu bug). It's a homemade burger. 1/4 lb of meat, with pickles, tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, and relish....on a sesame seed bun!

What makes it special is the meat. About a month ago, I decided that lean ground beef wasn't as lean as chicken or turkey. Problem is, my husband doesn't like chicken or turkey, so we end up eating a lot more red meat than we should. One day, I decided to try 1lb of ground beef, with 1lb of ground turkey. I mixed it up, and split it into 2. The first meal was the burgers (above). The second meal was a meatloaf. And, I have to say, I'm never going to make a full beef burger or meatloaf again! You couldn't really taste the turkey....but it made it just a little lighter....not quite as filling. And hubby liked it, so I guess this one's a keeper.

1 comment:

RV Diva said...

Also great to mix the meats when you make lasagna or cabbage rolls!