Sunday, September 1, 2013

Book Review

I recently finished Inferno, by Dan Brown...
What can I say? It's your typical Dan Brown novel. Robert Langdon finds himself racing through a part of Europe, with some beautiful lady, looking for something, and trying to solve the location of that something with clues in ancient relics, books, art, sculpture, and churches. Similar in style to "The DaVinci Code", and "Angels and Demons".
Did I like it? Well, yes I did. I like his style of writing. It's easy to read, entertaining, and a quick read. I like that his chapters are short. I can whip through a chapter or two, put it down, do something else, and then come back later. When a book has long chapters, I tend not to pick it up until I have the time to finish a chapter.
Anyways, I digress. The ending of the book was surprising to me, and not what I expected. So, that was a surprise. Would I recommend it? Yes, but only if you liked the other Robert Langdon novels. If not, you likely won't like this one either. I give this one 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments: