Wednesday, May 24, 2017

They did what?

They remade Dirty Dancing. Seriously.
First, I don't even want to know why someone decided that was a good idea. But, I thought I would give it a try and see what all the fuss was about. After all, everyone knows what a cult following that movie has, and the remake must be really good, right?
Wrong! So, wrong!
The acting was mediocre, the dancing was shit, and they changed the story just a bit, adding some scenes and changing up the dialogue in others. It was boring, with no spark between the main characters, and it felt like they were just going through the motions. Overall it was a horrible movie, with none of the emotions of the first one. I didn't even actually make it through the whole movie, watching only bits and pieces of it over the night.
The Twitter-verse slammed it from the beginning. And I haven't read one thing online yet that says this was a good thing.

No comments: