Monday, June 5, 2017

Jury Duty

So, last Thursday, I got a Summons to appear for Jury Duty. On July 10th.
Ugh!
Not only is that the day before my hubby's birthday, it's also in the middle of budget season! So, I talked to a few people at work, and decided that I would like to go, but really couldn't. Not this time around.
Sunday, I logged online and set out to make my excuse. I had a letter basically typed out already, so I really had 2 excuses. One -- budget season. I can't be the Finance Manager, in charge of budgets, and be away for a long period of time. Two -- my migraines. What happens if I get a migraine one morning, and am in bed and can't move without throwing up? Am I able to phone in sick?
The website did not let you have 2 excuses, so I chose the migraine one -- "Temporary Illness". My excuse was eloquent and respectful albeit blunt and to the point.
Today, I got an email back (That was quick!).
I'm excused!!
I'm so grateful. It's one less thing I have to worry about right now.

No comments: