Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Book Obsession

I have a problem. I buy books.
I want to read so many of them, but I usually end up buying more than I should. I don't ever pay full price for books - I always get them on sale. And I have a discount card with two of my favourite book stores. So, money is not the problem.
The problem is that I usually buy more than I can comfortably read, and then I find myself trying to get through them all. I end up staying up too late on a work night, because I want to finish just one more chapter. At work, I will stay in at lunchtime to read, instead of getting out and going for a walk. I will read all weekend, instead of doing housework. My house is starting to look like this...
Ok, maybe not that bad. But this year I told myself I wouldn't go to the bookstore as often as I have in the past. I have successfully stayed away and not bought any books since my birthday last year! But today, was the day I caved! I've heard so many good reviews about this one...
... so, I picked it up today because it was on sale!

No comments: