Thursday, June 4, 2009

Good times, bad times

Yesterday was a great day for me...
1) I received a cheque in the mail from our extended health carrier. It was for more than I expected! Because I filed the claim late, I did not expect a refund at all. Not to mention that I only expected them to cover 80% of some of the bills. Yet, they covered 100% of them. It's kind of like "found" money for me!
2) I called our internet provider to complain that they overcharged me on the last bill. They will make an adjustment, and as compensation, have offered us the discounted rate for another 12 months!! When we signed up for the deal, the discounted rate was only for 3 months. So, we are getting 15 months now at approx. 20% off. woohoo!
3) I solved a very big issue with a client yesterday. It was an issue they had for some time, and was frustrated with the response from other staff members. When it was escalated to me at the beginning of the week, I had my doubts about being able to solve it. But I did. And managed to "look good" in the process. My boss noticed. His boss noticed. The customer even sang my praises to the project manager. Nothing like a good pat on the back for hard work!!

So, my life is going pretty good. Then I find out this...
1) my blog friend Claire is offline!! I logged into her blog today, and got this...

Where are you Claire? I miss your posts!
2) A friend of ours found out her husband is cheating on her. At least she thinks so. She found a very damaging email from him to another woman about an ad on Craigslist. She's not happy. And I'm totally in shock! They weren't the "perfect couple", but I certainly didn't expect him to cheat on her.

Pam at Pam's Perspective has this Thankful Thursdays post that she does. I think that I should do the same today...therefore, I'm thankful...
1) that my husband loves me, and that our relationship is strong
2) that we are financially stable, and able to maintain our modest lifestyle
3) that I have a job that I enjoy.

5 comments:

Alex the Girl said...

For some reason, your posts never show up in my reader or on my dashboard. It is very frustrating because I enjoy reading your posts very much, but I am a very forgetful person (chemo brain...for reals!) and tend to scroll through my dashboard for blog updates.

I'm glad you had a bit of good luck run your way. I'd have to agree with your number one. It is definately found money.

Miss Lady Grey said...

mmm...don't know why that would happen. Oh, well...guess you are just going to have to bookmark me! heehee :-)
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

Pam said...

First, the same is true for me. Your posts don't show up in my reader or dashboard either. I DO have you bookmarked and try to remember to check out your blog every day or so. BTW, you are not the only blog that I follow that is like this. There are two others. Weird, right?

Anyway, thank you for linking to my blog! How sweet. You do have some good things to be thankful for. Sometimes it's easy to over look the obvious, which is why I started doing Thankful Thursday. I really need to remind myself.

And Claire is offline!!!! Say it isn't so. Last time she posted she said she needed to spend less time online and was going to post on weekends only (with an ocassional weekday post). This was earlier this week. I guess she decided she needed to go cold turkey. I will definitely miss her, but I can understand the need to pull away. The computer can be a real "time-sucker" and interfere with real life. I hope she comes back.

Miss Lady Grey said...

mmm...maybe I have a setting on my blog that is preventing you from seeing it on your dashboard. Maybe I'll go take a look at the Help files in Blogger :-)
And, yeah...I don't know what happened to Claire. But, I hope she decides to come back soon!

Pam said...

I found Clare! Apparently she deleted her blog, this and that, and started a new one, the Lilac Grove. Here is the link http://thelilacgrove.blogspot.com/.