Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts


I, like thousands of other North Americans, was duped into believing there really was a little boy in that balloon last week. I'm still pissed that it was all a hoax. But, I'm even more outraged that people are now calling it "child abuse". Come on people!! I'm sorry....the stunt may have been stupid, illegal, moronic and idiotic...but I highly doubt that it's a form of child abuse. I think that's taking it a little too far. The kid was never in the balloon, and therefore, never in danger. If a parent teaches a child something, no matter how insanely stupid that something is, it's not child abuse, it's just bad parenting.

I wish my husband (bless his soul) wasn't allergic to cats. I miss having a feline in the house. I always tell hubby, that if he looks up to see me coming through the door with a cat under my arm, then he knows it's time to pack his bags and be on his way. Not that that would ever really happen.

Diet Smiet. I'm not in the mood to eat healthy this week.

Of all the household chores I do, I like laundry the best. Maybe it's because I lived in apartments most of my life, and the laundry rooms were always down the hall, down the stairs, or in the basement. You always had to worry about what time you could do laundry (Sunday's were the worst), how many quarters you had (you hoarded them, but never seemed to have enough), and whether or not your favourite oversized sweater was going to get stolen or not (While that never happened, I did have towels and socks disappear on me). Since we moved into the house 6 years ago, I have my own washer and dryer (not used by anyone other than me), and my very own laundry room.

My girlfriend in Dallas has a new boyfriend. It's been 2 weeks now, and it sounds like she is having a great time. She sends me email updates on everything they have been up to every couple of days. He sounds like a great guy, and I hope it works out for her. In the meantime, I am just living vicariously through her email updates, reminiscing about what it was like to fall in love.

No comments: