Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Well, it is close to Halloween...

Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I do my usual...leave the hallway light on for hubby, close the bedroom door, and go into the ensuite to brush my teeth, and do all that stuff that women do before they go to bed. When I emerged from the ensuite, the bedroom door was open, and the hallway light was off. huh? I'm sure I closed the door, and I'm positive I left the light on. Maybe hubby is in the bathroom. I call out to him. He's still downstairs in the TV room. OK...so it wasn't him. Maybe I didn't do what I thought I did. Ok...maybe I did turn out the light, but I'm sure I closed the door. Maybe...no, I'm positive! Perhaps, there is someone else...

Queue freaky Twilight Zone music now.

It was the strangest feeling. Positive you did something, but realizing that you didn't. I made some joke about ghosts, and then quickly stopped. I didn't want to freak myself out before bedtime now. Hubby didn't think anything of it. He insisted that I just "forgot".

At 6:00 this morning, the rain woke me up. I got up (the reason why escapes me now). I noticed that the basement lights were on. I went downstairs to turn them off.

When Hubby got up this morning, he asked why I went downstairs this morning. I said it was to turn off the lights. He said he didn't leave them on. But, they were on, I said. No, he was positive he turned them off last night. huh!

Morale of the story...we have a ghost in the house who not only likes to freak me out, but will make my husband look bad when he doesn't believe me that we have a ghost in the house.

Either that, or we are getting old and forgetful.

I think the first option is the less scary one.

No comments: