Friday, January 22, 2010

365 challenges

Have you seen Julie and Julia, the movie? About a girl who decided to cook one recipe of Julia Child's every day for a whole year.
Then there's the woman who wrote a book about "Being Oprah" for a whole year. That's where she followed Oprah's advice every day for a whole year.
There's another guy out there who followed the bible (literally) for a whole year. The results were published in a book too.
What is this with year long challenges....called 365 challenges? What possesses someone to make that kind of committment? I can't do anything everyday for a whole year, except maybe brush my teeth, and get dressed.
Anyways, I was blog surfing, and found a scrapbooker's blog, who has decided to complete one crafty project every day for a year, and post it on her blog.
What??!?! Every day!!
Most of the posts to date are of scrapbook pages. But, it's the 22nd of January. That means 22 pages so far. I don't even think I did that many scrapbook pages in all of last year!
Well, good for her. But, not for me. Nope.
However, I will shamelessly peruse her blog for ideas for my own scrapbook pages. And, maybe I'll be inspired to do a few more pages than normal. If you want to check it out, you can find it here at Smile Everyday. Go to her January 1st post, to see all the details.

No comments: