Saturday, January 23, 2010

Olympic Fever

This weekend, I found myself downtown for the first time in ages. I was amazed at how much Olympic stuff was out there...I was at The Bay, so I had to stop at the Olympic store there. But, I went for a quick walk around town and checked out all the advertisements and banners which are EVERYWHERE! A lot of buildings had these full size banners...

Of course, the 2010 Winter Olympics will be here in just a few weeks. The countdown clock was bathed in sunlight, so it was hard to see exactly how many days to go...

and I never did find out why the Art Gallery is decked out in funky pink...

A pic of the TD Tower with the Hotel Vancouver in the reflection, and an Olympic ad in the windows...

And, my favourite...the old Georgian Hotel (which is being renovated into a new hotel and residential apartments) The biggest Canadian flag I've ever seen...

I have to admit...It does increase the excitement of the games coming. I remember how the city felt when Expo 86 was here. I'm sure it's going to be the same with the Olympics.

No comments: