Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Torch Relay

The torch relay came by my neighbourhood this morning. I got up early, donned my Red and White Canadian gear, and drove up near the school, parked, and walked up to the main road. As I went up there, I wondered if I would be the lone idiot, out there with my red and white, camera in tow, standing on the side of the road by myself. I had no reason to worry. There were SOOOOO many people there!!! It was electric. It was amazing. And, yes, the Canadian Pride welled to the surface. I had a great time! I chatted with the people around me. And took a ton of pictures.....

The crowd was starting to gather along the road...

We watched patiently as the road was closed, and some "sponsor" trucks drove by.
They yelled and screamed and cranked up the music really loud...

Waiting patiently...

And then, the RCMP drove by pushing everyone back onto the sidewalks...

And then, the Vancouver2010 van appeared!!!

With the torch and runner not far behind!!!

Here he is! I wish I knew who he was. I will have to watch the news tonight, and see if I can find out his name...
And, then just like that, it was over...

A once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm so glad I was able to be there.

No comments: