Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Curling?

When the Winter Olympics are on, I usually end up watching curling. Yes, you read that right. Curling. I'm not a huge fan. But it seems that every 4 years about this time, I suddenly become addicted. The new "thing" this year was the mixed doubles. One woman, one man, in a shorter game (only 8 ends instead of 10), and a quicker, faster, more entertaining game than usual. Add in the fact that the Canadian mixed doubles team has only lost one game so far, and are now playing for the gold medal, and I'm totally hooked.
Kaitlyn Lawes and John Morris are the Canadian players, and I watched them beat Norway to move up into the Gold Medal game. I can't wait to see that! They are going to play Switzerland for the gold at 3:30am Pacific time on Tuesday morning. Wait? Did I hear that right? Did they say 3:30am? Pacific time? OMG! How am I going to get up at 3:30 and still make it to work in one piece?
I really wanted to watch the game, so I decided I would get up early. Not at 3:30 though. I decided I wouldn't be able to watch the whole game, but instead I would get up in time to catch the last part of the game, and then head off to work. But my great plans didn't work. By the time I crawled out of bed sometime before 5:00am, the game was already over. Canada had won 10 to 3 in only 6 ends. So, I went to work instead.
Despite my disappointment, I'm still excited that they won another Gold medal for Canada! And getting to work early wasn't all that bad - I got a lot done before everyone else showed up.

No comments: