Saturday, February 10, 2018

Shameful Tiki Room

Have you ever been to the Shameful Tiki Room in Vancouver?
If not, you should. No, it's not a great restaurant. But you should check it out, just for the experience. It was very dark, and a little humid inside. My glasses fogged up the minute I walked in, and it took a minute or two to adjust to the very low lighting. And I definitely didn't need my winter sweater on, that's for sure.
The drinks were plentiful, very strong, and definitely the focus of the place. In fact, the drinks menu was 3 times larger than the food menu. Some where "shared" drinks, and some came lit on fire. If you are a non-drinker, perhaps this isn't the place for you.
The food was mediocre. It was good, but the portions were small, and definitely not worth the price.
Overall, it was worth it for the experience, and to say I've been there. The fact that we went with a group of people helped. I couldn't imagine going there for a nice romantic dinner, just the two of us. And I don't think I would go back anytime soon. Unless I was looking to get drunk with a bunch of friends. It's that kind of place.

No comments: