Monday, May 11, 2009

The Gatecrasher

I finished another book this weekend.
The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham. She's probably better known as Sophie Kinsella, writer of the popular Shopaholic books. But, this one was one of her earlier novels when she was writing as Madeleine Wickham.
Like the Shopaholic books, this one was written in that fun, easy-to-read style that I find entertaining. But, the character development was lacking, and the story dragged a bit. Except the last couple of chapters. Then it seemed to get exciting. But the ending left me wanting more.
The author is British, and (for some reason) I have this total love of anything British right now. (Some of the best cross-stitch magazines come from Britian...maybe that's why). Anyways, the book wasn't the best I'd ever read....her Shopaholic series is much better.

No comments: