Thursday, July 2, 2009

Romantic weekend getaway

My husband came home the other day, and asked if I would like to go away for a night for a romantic get-away. I said, "Sure!". We are both on vacation next week, and had planned to stay home by the pool. But, this sounded like more fun.
So, we booked a hotel in Victoria for the night. We are going to go to the Empress Hotel in Victoria for High Tea (this is supposed to be a very unique experience...something everyone should have on their To Do list), and visit the Royal BC Museum (there's an exhibit there from the London Museum....artifacts from all over the world, including a 3,000 year old mummy!)
I've been busy planning and thinking about this all day now. I can't wait! You would think that with all the travelling to Victoria earlier this year, the last thing I would want to do is to go there for a romantic getaway. But, it's different because I won't be working. Instead of being stuck at the office, I will get to get out and see all the things I can't see when I am working there. Besides, I won't be alone. Riding the ferry is boring when you are by yourself. I think this is going to be fun! I can't wait for the week to be over, so I can be on vacation!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Enjoy your romantic getaway. How fun! I've never been to BC and would love to go sometime. High tea is also something on my "Bucket List".

Miss Lady Grey said...

I will definitely post pics and comments next week when we go. My only concern is that my husband will embarrass me at High Tea, and order coffee!