Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This Thursday I am thankful for:

1) Vacation time. I'm on vacation next week, and can't wait to wake up each morning and NOT think about work.

2) I had a dream last night that we couldn't afford to live in our house anymore, so we sold it, and moved into a cheap little apartment. The apartment was a disaster. It was old, filthy, and full of mice and insects. My sister had come over, and we were going to go shopping to pick up things for the apartment. In the meantime, my husband was ripping up the carpets, had put down poison for the mice, and sprayed Raid around the cabinets to kill the bugs. I woke up this morning, blessing my house (with it's many faults), and thankful that we have such a nice place, sans mice, and bugs. While it is expensive, and we do make sacrifices to live here, I am thankful that we can afford it, and am grateful that the equity we have built up didn't evaporate during the recent credit crisis (as it did in so many other cities).

3) I am thankful that the Bank of Canada did not raise interest rates this week. Our mortgage rate is based on the prime rate, so any increase in the rate, is a decrease in the amount of principal that is paid each month. With rates as low as they are now, our principal payments are higher than the interest payments. I love it!!

No comments: