Sunday, October 18, 2009

weekend baking

It's that time of year again. I have a tendancy to pull out the recipe books, and bake up a storm at this time of year. Today, it was buttermilk biscuits for breakfast...

and oat & apricot scones. This was the first time making the scones recipe. It said the dough can be frozen for up to 3 weeks, so I made a batch of 8, and put them in the freezer. After they set, I wrapped them individually, and put them back in the freezer. Now, when I want fresh scones for breakfast, all I need to do is pop a couple of these in the toaster oven for 25-30 minutes, and voila!

Both recipes are from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. I have tried a number of recipes from that book now, and they have all turned out wonderful. The biscuit recipe is my favourite. It's simple, and they always turn out wonderful and fluffy.

No comments: