Sunday, November 25, 2012

money woes

Have you seen the new $20 Canadian bills? They are like the new $100 bills, and made of polymer. They have lots of safety features, which are supposed to make them counterfeit proof. But really, they just look and feel really weird.
I decided I was going to give cash to some of the kids this year (so that they can add it to whatever they are saving up for). So, I went to the bank machine, and pulled out a couple hundred dollars, hoping to get a whole whack of new $20's. But all I got were the boring old $20 dollar bills.
Turns out, the bank machines are having a hard time with the thickness of the bills, and are spitting out more (or less) than what they should be. In fact, one of my co-workers went to the bank machine, and got $100 more than what she asked for!! (Why can't things like that happen to me?)
Anyways, now I'll have to make a trip to the bank to trade my boring old 20's for some new ones, and for the first time in years, I'm actually going to have to stand in line-up at a bank. *ugh*!

No comments: