Sunday, November 8, 2009

Easy like Sunday Morning

This morning, A needed cigarettes. (yes, he failed to quit this summer, and is back smoking again...yuk!). He decided he was going to go get smokes, and stop at Starbuck's.
"They have Egg Nog lattes out now", he said, knowing that I love egg nog lattes. "Do you want to come for a ride?".
My first reaction was....NO!. I just woke up. I haven't had a shower, I'm not dressed, and I haven't even brushed my teeth...
"You look lovely" he lied, anticipating my reaction. "Just put a ball cap on, and let's go!"
*sigh* "Ok", I said.
I quickly went to brush my hair and teeth, traded the sweats for a pair of jeans, and off we went.
We stopped for smokes, and then went to Starbuck's. While leaving Starbucks, walking back to the truck, I asked if we walk over to Cob's bread. Nothing better than a fresh scone to go with my latte! We did, and I ordered a cinnamon scone. The woman passed it to me, but when A got out his wallet to pay, the woman looked at us and said, "Nope, this one is on the house!"
A free scone!!! No one gets a free anything these days!
We were surprised, but we thanked her and left.
On the way back to truck, I asked A, "Why do you think it was free?"
Without missing a beat, he said, "Because I'm cute."
I smiled.

No comments: