Wednesday, November 18, 2009

permit

This is the tree that gave us grief a couple of winters ago.

During a large snow storm, part of the tree snapped off, came crashing to the ground, and missed the house by inches. I have been wanting to get rid of the tree ever since. It's meters from the house, and I worry everytime the wind blows if it will come down on the house.

Yesterday, I got a quote from a tree guy to take it down. Then, today, I spent my lunchtime at City Hall getting a permit. In our city, you can only remove one tree per calendar year on your property without paying. But, you need a permit to take down ANY tree.

So, now I have permit in hand, and a promise from the Tree Guy to come by in about 10 days or so. Good thing too. There's a wind storm coming tonight. The first of the season. I hope the tree will be ok...at least until we get it taken down.

No comments: