Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hurricane or Earthquake

The office in Louisiana that I went to back in January of this year... well, it was closed today and yesterday because of Hurricane Isaac.
One of the guys in our Houston office emailed me today asking the question:
"Hurricane or Earthquake"?
He knows we live in an earthquake zone, and he was curious.
My response?
Hurricane.
Why?
Hurricanes you can prepare for. You know they are coming. You can get your sorry little butt out of Dodge before they show up.
Earthquakes hit without warning.
Besides, I've lived through wind and rain storms before. Maybe not as bad as a Category 1 hurricane, but I swear some the storms we get in the winter border on the Cat 1 status. I've also felt 4 earthquakes in my life. Just minor little tremors. But, the underlying reason to my decision...
Earthquakes just freak me out!

No comments: