Saturday, November 10, 2012

Recap

Wow... it's been a week since I last posted. I've been so busy at work this last week, that I just haven't had 2 minutes to myself all week. So, here's a quick recap of some of the things that happened this week. Or at least, the things that I can remember...

4 days of work, 8 large spreadsheets, 156 changes, and a loss of $29,000 equals 30 seconds on a financial call with the big-wigs in Houston. Without going into all the details, I did a whole lot of work this week, all for 30 seconds! It somehow doesn't seem worth it.

So, Obama won again, huh? Everyone here thought Obama would win. I was on the fence. I wasn't sure. There are a lot of people I talk to from the States that either didn't think that would happen, or didn't want it to. What can I say. Most of my friends in the US are Texans, and Texas is a mostly Republican state.

And Washington and Colorado passed to legalize marijuana. Go figure. I wonder how that is going to play out?

Speaking of legalizing pot... the newest multi-millionaire in BC plans to spend some of his $25 million fortune on that cause.

So when did winter arrive? Temps dipped below the freezing mark a couple of times this week. It feels like it just turned to Fall, never mind winter! Oh... gotta go get my snow tires put on soon I guess.

One crazed gunman, plus 45 police vehicles, plus 15 traffic reports, plus one closed bridge, equals 150 minutes to get to work. That happened Thursday morning.

My cell phone decided to stop working, so I had to get a new one today. Not happy about it, but not much I can do. This is the very last time I ever get into a contract with a cell phone provider.

Remembrance Day this week, so whatever down time I did have this week, was spent watching war documentaries on the History Channel and Apple TV. Hubby watches all of that kind of stuff this time of year. I don't mind. I've learned a lot about WW1 and WW11 history since being with him. And each year, I watch another documentary and learn a little more.

No comments: