Tuesday, February 2, 2010

China patterns

What is your favourite China pattern?
I have so many, and my tastes change from year to year. But, a long time ago, I settled on Royal Albert's Lavender Rose. It's got the redish colours that I prefer (over blue). And is simple, yet elegant.

But, while catching up on my blog reading the other day, I came across this pattern...
taken from Patti's blog at Bramasole

I found out it's Syracuse's Symphony pattern. This pic was taken off of Ebay...

There's something about it that I like. Maybe it's that it looks antique. I'm not usually a fan of the blue, but this one just seems "old". I like it.
The goal for this year, however, is to purge my house of unnecessary items. Not fill it with yet more china. But, oh, if I had a zillion dollars, I would buy me a house, and fill it with all kinds of my favourite patterns.

No comments: