The story of the tires...
Yesterday was my birthday, and I decided to drop my car off at the dealership to get some work done, and in turn, have my sister pick me up and spend the day with her. It worked out great. We got lots of running around done, and went for Dim Sum for lunch.
Meanwhile, my car cost me a lot more than I thought it would. But, there was a problem. I had them put the snow tires on my car. My snow tires are mounted on some of the ugliest black rims you've ever seen. So, I had gone to Canadian Tire and put some cheap hub caps on the tires. That made it look somewhat better...
But the shop couldn't find the spring for one of the rims. Which means I only had 3 tires that looked OK, and one that was really ugly. THEN... when I was driving home, I noticed a really bad squeaking noise from the front tires. I kind of freaked out. So, I called hubby, and told him I was going to head to our local tire shop to have them check out the tires. I was worried that the dealership might have messed something up.
It turned out to be the stupid cheap hubcaps. Once those were taken off, the noise went away. But, the tires looked so ugly. So the tire shop gave me a quote on some new rims. And so, being my birthday an all, I decided to go ahead and buy new rims...
I am so happy with the results! I don't have to worry about cheap hubcaps falling off anymore, or worry about them making weird loud squeaky noises. But, it was an expensive birthday!!


No comments:
Post a Comment