I finished another book. "The Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson...
It was a non-fiction book, but written like a fiction novel. It's about the Chicago's World's Fair in 1893. The book revolves around 2 stories... the first story is about the architects and people who were responsible for building the fair. The second story was the story of a serial killer that was in Chicago at the time. It isn't my 'usual' type of book to read, but I had heard great reviews of it, and thought I would take a chance.
Erik Larson can certainly tell a story! It was a non-fiction book, that read like a novel. So, it was really quite interesting. The details of the serial killer parts.... well, that just freaked me out. But, he didn't get into too much of the gory details, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in the beginning. I finished reading the book with one question in my head... why didn't I know about any of this? The fair. The magnitude of the project. The inventions, people, and buildings that came out of it. It was all quite interesting.
I give the book 3 stars out of 5.



No comments:
Post a Comment