Sunday, June 15, 2014

The aftermath

I've spent the last few days in a whirlwind.
I worked until 6:00pm on Wed night. Quickly came home to pack, and get ready for my 8:00am flight the next day. I was much more unorganized this time than I usually am. On Thurs morning, I flew to Calgary. We got dumped into a meeting with auditors within minutes of getting to the Calgary office. Then spent an hour getting a tour of the office, and meeting lots and lots of people. Then lunch. Then a 2 hour meeting about budgets and other stuff. Then we drove off to Edmonton. It took us just over 3 hours to get there. Checked into the hotel. Then went out for a late dinner. By the time I got to bed, it was midnight!
Got up at 6:00am. Checked out of the hotel. Had breakfast. Did a whirlwind tour of two facilities in Edmonton. Went out for lunch. Another tour of another facility. A quick drive to the airport. And finally, on my way home.
But, when I got home, I literally crashed for two days! We spent most of Saturday lying in bed, and when we finally did get up, we mostly laid around watching FIFA World Cup games on TV, and playing on the internet.
Today, I'm feeling somewhat human again. But am still amazed at how a small 2 day trip can wipe me out so much!

No comments: